Change Windows username
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
1. Log in by using another administrative account.
You may need create a new administrative account at first.
2. Go to the C:\users\ folder and rename the sub folder with the original user name to the new user name.
3. Go to registry and modify the registry value ProfileImagePath to the new path name.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\<User SID>\
4. Replace <User SID> with the SID of your user account.
5. Log out and log in again by using the user whose name is changed, and the user should use the pervious profile with new path name.
- Windows 10